Regulations and Compliance
We appreciate the need for certain individuals to remain pseudonymous while participating in the community for regulatory and compliance reasons. Access to Estimize community data and analysis does not require participation in the community, or that you personally identify yourself. Any information we collect during the signup process or otherwise which may be personally identifiable in any way is kept private and protected.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, contribute estimates to the community, or follow certain community members and assets. Any data we request that is not required will be specified as voluntary or optional. When registering on our site or editing profile information, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: user name, e-mail address, name (optional), image (optional), professional affiliation (optional), Twitter credentials (optional), LinkedIn credentials (optional) as well as other attributes (optional).
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to tailor our service in order to provide you the most value)
- To improve our website (we are a growing company, we pay very close attention to the composition and tendencies of the community, which features are used and which are not, so that we can continually add value to the service instead of making blind assumptions)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service and support needs)
- To contact you by sending personalized emails about our products and services and updates specific to your activity on the Estimize platform.
We process personal data because this is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us, for our compliance with our legal obligations and for purposes of our legitimate interests. In particular, our legitimate interests are our commercial company interest (for example to improve our products and services), our interest to make use of direct marketing, our interest to prevent fraud and our interest to report possible criminal acts or threats to the appropriate authorities. Some of the personal data that we process is required for us to meet our legal obligations, for example we can not create an account for you if you choose not to share your personal data with us.
Do we share your personal data?
How do we protect your personal data?
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we can not guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies. Note that your contributed estimates and other information will not be removed from our website.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. In plain english, cookies are what help us to track how our community is using our product provide you a tailored experience.
What rights do you have?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at a reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of or objection to processing of your personal data. You may also request us to provide you your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format which can be transmitted to another controller;
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details listed below. We may request you to provide evidence of your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term;
Data transfers outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Last Modified: June 20, 2018